Saturday, September 4, 2010

How do you pay for your cigars?

One of the kids from the shelter really, and I mean, REALLY likes Black Stones. I've never seen him not stoned out of his mind. He's awesome. He came in and had a bandage around his arm. He got his usual of 6 Cherry, 4 Vanilla, 2 Wine and pulled out a card, which is something new. It was a card from the plasma bank. I guess they don't give you a check anymore? But this kid loves his Stones so much he will LITERALLY sell his body for them. Get on his level, smokers.


Now, sad time. Kinda. There's another kid from the shelter that regularly comes in. He is always asking for something. The phone, the bathroom, money, etc. The first time I saw him he was coming in to ask if we were hiring, and if we hired people with felonies. This kid can't be older than 18. Bummer. The last time he came in, he used the bathroom, and then came back out with 2 tickets and asked me if I wanted to go the Rockies game with him that night. Legitimately bummed me out so bad to say no. All I could think about is how this kid has nobody else in his life that he can go to a baseball game with other than the weirdo that works at the gas station. I quickly stopped giving a fuck when he stuffed 2 packs of Junior Mints into his pants, but still. Ruined my day.

2 comments:

  1. you need to find him a friend from another one of your regulars! and junior mints (when they are fresh) are so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to pay for them. Little jerk.

    ReplyDelete